Sunday, September 11, 2016

The original writer of Kaala Chashma is a head constable of Punjab Police. He got only Rs 11000

Original writer of Kaala Chashma

Film Baar Baar Dekho, directed by Nitya Mehra and starring Sidharth Malhotra and Katrina Kaif got a good start at box office. The song Kaala Chashma
is a huge hit since the day it launched. Sidharth and Katrina used to perform in this song while promoting their film. This song is a rework version and the song is a punjabi track of 90's. As per the report in Hindustan Times, Amrik Singh Shera a head constable in Punjab police in Kapurthala, is one of the writers of the song.

Amrik Singh, a man from Talwandi Chaudhrian village near Jalandhar, written this song in 1990 and he has no idea that one day it will feature in a movie. "Two months ago I got a call from one of my friends that "Kaala Chashma" was being played on one of the channels. I do not know how I felt. I was happy but also shocked about everything that was happening", said the writer in the interview.

As per report, he claims, that he was approached by Jalandhar - based Angel record company four months ago for other songs. He signed the agreement and got only 11000 rupees for the song. "I was told that a Mumbai - based company needed my song to be played at the inauguration of cement firm", he said.

He also added, "I don't know the cement of the cement company. No one told me that the song will feature in a movie". He is a man with big heart and he doesn't have any complaints at all. His only grudge : No one from the film industry called me to Mumbai during the music launch or screening of the film. I just wanted to go there and let everyone know that a person from a small village in Punjab has written the song".

Well it looks like the kind man had a genuine wish.

Amrik had written the song when he was just 15 years old and a student of class 9. He approached many singers at that time to release the song.

In Amrik Singh's word - "Amar Arshi (singer of the song) then took the song " kaala Chashma" and performed it at a function in England. A company there reased the song in England and it became a huge hit. And then a Chandigarh - based company released the song in Punjab and that is how it became popular here".

He also said that he has paid tribute to his village in the song, "If you listen to Kaala. Chashma carefully, in the last stanza I have mentioned my village Talwandi Chaudhrian's name". If you have missed it or didn't know the reason before, listen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment